The Step Up Board of Directors is currently seeking program participants!
Step Up Program Application (Download Here)
What is Step Up? Step Up’s mission is to provide Christ centered mentoring, housing, educational guidance, life skills training, and a community with accountability for Muskegon County young adults ages 18 – 24, primarily for youth who have aged out of the foster care system.
If you are…
…a young woman between the ages of 18 and 24
…seeking an affordable and safe place to live
…motivated to set goals and work with adult mentors to help attain your goals
…willing to work with adult mentors to help attain your goals
…able to live in a structured setting with other young women
…interested in becoming a part of a Christian community
…Step Up may be for you!
At Step Up, we believe success looks like this:
✓ Life and social skill advancement
✓ Steady employment
✓ Active in community service
✓ Practicing financial stewardship
✓ Stable independent living
✓ A driver’s license
✓ Educational advancement
✓ Ability to make great choices
✓ Equipped with a life plan
✓ Connection with a local church
The application process:
Step One: Application and Review
Step Two: Tour of Step Up house
Step Three: Interview at the Step Up house
Step Four: Information Gathering (reference checks, health screen, etc.)
Step Five: Communicating a Decision
Step Up may recommend other community resources if one or more of the following is true:
● The individual does not meet the admission criteria.
● She is pregnant or has dependent children that live with her.
● The young woman is not ready to commit to the opportunities and responsibilities available to her at Step Up.
● She is looking for emergency shelter only, such as in the event of domestic violence or other personal crisis.
● When an alternative housing option would be a better fit.